Guests find Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor (Downtown) to be one of the most eco-friendly hotels around. Why?
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor is an IHG® Green Engage Hotel.
Guests can be assured when they stay at an IHG Green Engage Hotel, they are participating in an advanced, world-wide sustainability effort. It is important for IHG guests to have an active role in protecting our environment and that’s why we’ve made it easier for them to choose a hotel that matches their sustainable values.
What is Green Engage?
Green Engage is IHG’s innovative sustainability effort based on an advanced online tool which measures the day-to-day environmental impact of participating IHG hotels. This online system monitors energy, water and waste usage of individual hotels while providing recommended actions to improve the property’s energy conservation and carbon footprint score. IHG created Green Engage to ensure that our hotels are designed, built and run for optimal sustainability. We encourage our guests to participate as an environmentally responsible travelers by staying at an IHG Green Engage hotel.
How can guests make a difference by choosing an IHG Green Engage Hotel?
When guests choose a Green Engage hotel, they can help IHG hotels reduce energy by up to 25% per year. IHG has over 656,000 rooms in over 4,400 hotels in 100 countries and territories around the world. From smart design and carefully selected lighting to bio-friendly cleaning materials, IHG really can make a substantial difference as one of the world’s largest hotel companies.
Additionally, Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor (Downtown) is also a proud recipient of TripAdvisor’s Green Leader’s Silver Level Award. Our hotel is dedicated to providing the best possible guest experience, while helping the planet through recycling, water efficiency and more.
Our green hotel initiatives touch every area hotel operating department and include:
- Public, Banquet, Outside and Dining areas feature 5-year LED bulbs, saving energy and reducing waste
- Low-VOC paint used in all of our public areas, lowers pollutants and reduces health risks
- HVAC and rooftop air conditioning systems for our 60,000 square feet of event space use an environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- A 3-day linen-reuse program for long-term stays cuts down on water and energy use.
- In-room signage educates guests on green practices.
- Dottie’s Café serves locally-sourced products like coffee, pastries, jerky, fruits and veggies, to cut down on our carbon footprint.
- Bulk food-service items like ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and more are utilized to reduce waste.
- Weekly (rather than bi-weekly) order shipments reduce our carbon footprint.
- An extensive recycling program exists for cardboard, glass, aluminum and plastic.
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor (Downtown) continues to be dedicated to green practices and being a green leader in our industry.
Check out our eco-friendly hotel rooms and suites for an ideal Baltimore area stay. Then reserve your hotel room today.
A Little Greener Package
Say ‘thank you’ to the environment as your IHG Rewards account says ‘thank you’ to you. Book a stay of two or more consecutive nights and go green. Say ‘no’ to housekeeping services during your stay and you’ll earn 500 bonus points per night to your IHG Rewards account. Plus receive a free drink voucher which may be used for a glass of wine or beer of a cup of coffee at Dottie’s Café.
Rates from: $109
Terms & ConditionsPackage is subject to availability. No expiration date. Not valid for group bookings. May not be combined with another offer or promotion. Rate is per night for single or double occupancy and includes 500 IHG ®Rewards points/night plus a free drink voucher good at Dottie’s Cafe. Dining gratuity and all taxes are extra. Individual package components have no cash value and may not be extended beyond check-out. Package is refundable. No deposit is required. Package must be booked at least one day in advance. It is neither retroactive nor applicable to existing reservations.